Latest – January 2017 – The pre-submission version of the Royal Wootton Bassett Neighbourhood Development Plan (together with its associated documents) is now ready.
All previous comments on the plan have been taken into account but any final comments can be made by clicking here.
The consultation will end on 20th February 2017.
These are the documents for the pre-submission consultation.
Evidence base (health warning regarding printing this document – it’s over 400 pages long – you may want to read it off the screen!)
Pre-submission consultation is governed by The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 – Regulation 14 – this says:
“Pre-submission consultation and publicity
14. Before submitting a plan proposal to the local planning authority, a qualifying body must—
(a) publicise, in a manner that is likely to bring it to the attention of people who live, work or carry on business in the neighbourhood area—
- (i) details of the proposals for a neighbourhood development plan;
- (ii) details of where and when the proposals for a neighbourhood development plan may be inspected;
- (iii) details of how to make representations; and
- (iv) the date by which those representations must be received, being not less than 6 weeks from the date on which the draft proposal is first publicised;
(b) consult any consultation body referred to in paragraph 1 of Schedule 1 whose interests the qualifying body considers may be affected by the proposals for a neighbourhood development plan; and
(c) send a copy of the proposals for a neighbourhood development plan to the local planning authority.”
In addition, Regulation 15 (Plan proposals) which formerly said:
(1) Where a qualifying body submits a plan proposal to the local planning authority, it must include—
- (a) a map or statement which identifies the area to which the proposed neighbourhood development plan relates;
- (b) a consultation statement;
- (c) the proposed neighbourhood development plan; and
- (d) a statement explaining how the proposed neighbourhood development plan meets the requirements of paragraph 8 of Schedule 4B to the 1990 Act.
(2) In this regulation “consultation statement” means a document which—
- (a) contains details of the persons and bodies who were consulted about the proposed neighbourhood development plan;
- (b) explains how they were consulted;
- (c) summarises the main issues and concerns raised by the persons consulted; and
- (d) describes how these issues and concerns have been considered and, where relevant, addressed in the proposed neighbourhood development plan.”
has an amendment to the regulations from 2015 (adds in SEA requirements – or not) – (e)(i) applies to this plan:
In regulation 15— (a) at the end of paragraph (1)(c) omit “and”; (b) at the end of paragraph (1)(d) omit the full stop and insert—
- “; and (e) (i) an environmental report prepared in accordance with paragraphs (2) and (3) of regulation 12 of the Environmental Assessment of Plans and Programmes Regulations 2004(a); or
- (ii) where it has been determined under regulation 9(1) of those Regulations that the plan proposal is unlikely to have significant environmental effects (and, accordingly, does not require an environmental assessment), a statement of reasons for the determination.”